College of Arts and Sciences
Contact the College of Arts and Sciences
的 College of Arts and Sciences offers a diverse selection of academic programs that enable students to explore their intellectual and creative interests while developing skills that lead to rewarding professional opportunities. Our faculty and students share a commitment to advancing the study and practice of the humanities, 社会科学, 数学, and the natural and applied sciences. We fulfill our commitment through teaching, scholarship, creative work, and outreach.
Three distinctive features of the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Close student/faculty relationships: Our faculty are committed to student success and they embody the Teacher Scholar Model. Students frequently benefit from having professors for multiple courses. Our faculty get to know students well and can craft highly personalized references for career opportunities and graduate schools.
- 职业教育: 的 close relationship CAS faculty forge with students extends to participation in our students’ career 教育. We partner closely with the Amica Center for 职业生涯教育 through our Mentor Match programs, Arts and Sciences Career Networking Events, and the Explore! 系列.
- Partnership with the 商学院: Our Arts and Sciences majors complete business minors whether in general Business Administration or in a functional area, 如 市场营销 or 管理. This partnership gives our graduates an advant年龄 in professional life, whether they are entering a career in the health sciences, 法律, 公共事务, 环境政策, 教育, 艺术, 或者….
For majors in 艺术 and sciences and for every Bryant student, we teach and reinforce the skills for professional success that employers when surveyed repeatedly demand: effective written and oral communication, 批判性思维, 道德推理, 多元化培训, and information literacy. 的se habits of mind also promote the ethics of social responsibility, 个人诚信, and civic eng年龄ment that are important to educating the whole person for a full life as eng年龄d citizens in a complex society. Many of the recent graduates who are members of our College Advisory Council, drawn from fields as diverse as actuarial math, 急诊医学, 法律, 和娱乐, provide the strongest examples of this contribution to civic life.
We also believe strongly in experiential learning and co-curricular experiences that enhance what students learn in the classroom.
Some highlights of these activities include students’ work in the following endeavors:
- 的 Bryant University Statistical Consulting Office
- 的 Bryant Literary Review
- 的 Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s College Fed Challenge Team
- 的 访问ing Writer's 系列